About the webinar
Business combination accounting is a confusing issue, even for the most skilled accounts preparers. This session will cover the various types of business combinations, how to account for them and how to avoid the pitfalls, including:
- Business combination accounting – what can go wrong?
- How to identify a business combination involving common control
- The 3 steps in business combination accounting – how they work and what can go wrong
- correctly determining consideration
- determining assets and liabilities acquired including intangibles
- allocation of purchase price
- Reverse takeovers and backdoor listings
- Share based payments in the context of business combinations
- Trade sales
- Accounting for contingent liabilities
- Buy/ Sell arrangements
Who should attend
This webinar is suitable for accountants – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Nicholas Benbow, Director, William Buck (Vic) Pty Ltd, Toorak
Pragmatic, resilient and determined, Nicholas is committed to fully servicing the financial needs of his clients. His approach is entirely through a commercial lens with a particular emphasis on businesses in transformative phases, be this a merger, acquisition, divestment, restructure or recalibration of its corporate governance environment. As a consequence, he looks for solutions to problems that reflect a corporate reality and are not “boiler plate”.
His substantial and international experience is across a breadth of industries, but emphasize the following themes:
- Working with public companies as they raise capital and manage their shareholder relationships;
- Understanding the bespoke needs of private enterprises, particularly in managing their exit or succession plans;
- Optimising the efficacy of corporate governance environments; and
- Helping not-for-profits manage lean budgets as they deliver their core service offerings