About the webinar
Do you understand the process of reverse takeovers, their benefits and the risks involved? The presentation will explore the alternative method of listing to an IPO and reviews the accounting issues which can arise when non-reporting entities become reporting entities. It covers:
- Reverse takeover or IPO – what are the relevant considerations?
- Recognising when there has been a reverse takeover and understanding what you need to do - applying the reverse acquisition accounting standard
- Benefits and risks of reverse takeovers
- Determining the price and valuation of both the listed and unlisted businesses
- Characterising the listed entity:
- is it just a shell and not a true business acquisition?
- is it a share based payment?
- how to account for a share based payment in a reverse takeover
Who should attend
This webinar is suitable for accountants - Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Peter Kidd, Associate Director - Audit & Assurance, Grant Thornton, Melbourne
For the last 11 years Peter has been a senior member of Grant Thornton’s (and its predecessor firms) accounting and assurance technical team. His role includes providing practical solutions to accounting technical issues, reviews of financial statements and the preparation and presentation of internal training and client seminars.
Previously, Peter had over thirty years’ experience in audit and advisory services. Until 2001 he was with a big 4 chartered accounting firm, before working for two smaller chartered accounting firms prior to joining a predecessor firm of Grant Thornton in November 2004.
Peter’s audit and accounting experience extends across a wide range of industries, including financial services, general insurance, manufacturing, wholesaling, mining, retirement villages, superannuation, funds management and property.