19/2/24 to 23/2/24
College of Law Courses
This program is delivered by The College of Law - a partner of TEN The Education Network.
Discounted rates may be available to College of Law Alumni and groups.
This course encompasses strategic management, and highlights the role and responsibilities of in-house corporate and government lawyers as a function within the organisation. The course will cover aspects of work and systems management, supervision and mentoring, client relationship strategies, financial and business mechanics, and ethical and risk management.
If you want to hold a Principal practising certificate, the Law Society of NSW requires you to complete a Practice Management Course in order for condition 3 to be removed. The College's Legal Practice Management Course is designed to meet these requirements.
Workshop Details: these workshops will be delivered via video conferencing on:
- Monday 19 February 2024 – 9.00am to 5.15pm AEDT
- Wednesday 21 February 2024 – 9.00am to 5.15pm AEDT
- Friday 23 February 2024 – 9.00am to 5.15pm AEDT
- Strategic management – challenges for corporate and government lawyers
- People management
- Work and systems management
- Developing an ethical business culture
- Financial mechanics – budgets, balance sheets and trust account issues
- Client relationship strategies – delivering value
- Ethics and professional responsibility
- Risk management – the insurer’s perspective
- Risk management – prevention strategies
- Stress management
Please note that:
- there will be regular breaks in the program, including 1 hour for lunch each day; and
- the end time of 5.15pm is approximate; some sessions may end earlier or later.
All components of the course, as set forth below, must be undertaken for satisfactory completion. The Law Society of NSW is notified of satisfactory completion approximately 4 weeks after the workshop.
10 CPD Points
This course has been specifically designed for corporate in-house and government legal practitioners who want to remove condition three from their practising certificate and be the solicitor on the record for an organisation.
If you have any questions, please contact our Practitioner Education Team on Tel 02 9965 7111 or email [email protected]