About the webinar
The requirements for Audit Reports have recently undergone a significant change, particularly for listed companies.
This session covers:
- Key changes and challenges – understanding the amendments and what it means for practitioners
- The meaning and scope of “significant issues”
- The impact on non-listed companies – the costs and administrative burden
- Intended benefits – enhanced communication, increased user confidence, greater transparency and enhanced financial reporting in the public interest
- Exposure – will there be more litigation?
- Insight and predictions – will it extend to NFPs?
- Areas of most significance? What does this mean?
Who should attend
This webinar is suitable for auditors– Australia wide. This is an update webinar on recent developments in this area.
Keith Reilly, Financial Reporting Consultant & Lecturer, Macquarie University
Keith Reilly is a financial reporting consultant and covers accounting, auditing and ethical standards, as well as governance and regulatory issues. He has some 40 years’ experience in the financial reporting field, most recently (July 2013) being the National Head of Professional Standards at Grant Thornton Australia, and a member of Grant Thornton’s International Public Policy Group, Independence Working Group, and IFRS Committee.
He was previously the technical director and advisor for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, and has also worked with the Australian Securities Regulator (ASIC), been an advisor to a major institutional Australian stock broking firm, and a former Research Director and Auditor for two Australian Big 4 audit firms.
Keith consults, writes and lectures extensively on financial reporting issues. He is a former member of the Australian Accounting Standards Board’s Urgent Issues Group and a member of the Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board’s Code of Ethics Taskforce.