About the Webinar
As the once booming building industry starts to experience a downturn, more developers and builders are walking away from their contractual obligations. There are steps that can be taken to manage this stressful period for a purchaser faced with a half-finished property and a missing or insolvent builder. This session will look at:
- Doing the due diligence – checking out the builder or developer prior to contracting
- Tips on contracting terms for greater protection
- Signs of distress and how to act quickly
- Administration and liquidation – what are processes and where do they leave the purchaser?
- Making a claim – against who and how? Statutory schemes and common law remedies
- Dealing with claims by sub-contractors
- How effective are warranties and insurance?
- Government reforms and the future of the industry
David CreaisPartner, Bartier
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for lawyers practising in property and construction law in NSW. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Lawyers can claim up to 1 CPD unit/point – substantive law . This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour, however, webinar lengths can vary depending on the level of questions and discussion.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]