About the Webinar
The legislation dealing with a company’s eligibility for the reduced company tax rate has been in place for quite some time. Unfortunately, practitioners and their clients are still having difficulty determining when they should pay tax and frank dividends at 27.5%. With the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic continuing, it has never been more important for companies to be across their eligibility for the reduced rate. This session examines the following areas:
- What is a Base Rate Entity (BRE)?
- Practically applying the BRE Passive Income and Turnover tests:
- examining BRE Passive Income following the release of LCR 2019/5
- calculating turnover and grouping rules (i.e. connected entities and affiliates)
- Case studies on structuring to avoid tips and traps (e.g. trading companies wholly-owned by discretionary trusts)
- Calculating a company’s Corporate Tax Rate for Imputation purposes
- the way imputation works when entities pay the higher rate (i.e. paying tax at 30% does not necessarily guarantee you get to frank at 30%)
Raffi TenenbaumDirector Taxation Services, Prosperity
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants advising in taxation matters – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]