The Loan Ranger: Protecting the Bank of Mum and Dad
The upcoming session in the 65th Annual Armidale CLE Conference by Nathan Yii will set out some of the options available for providing loans which safeguard mum and dad and the rest of the family, including:
• Deciding on the appropriate mechanism for loan arrangements
• What are the essential clauses in a formal loan agreement?
• Repayment obligations, security and rights to secure in future
• When is a co-ownership agreement an option?
• Drafting for potential changes in circumstances • Strategies for protecting the loan from future claims in the event of a relationship breakdown
• Implications and financial consequences of loan arrangements through family trusts
• Updating wills to reflect loans and directions to executors for forgiveness or collection
• Equalising bequests to other children to offset sibling loans
• Recent cases
To learn more about this topic and the upcoming conference download the brochure.
About the Speaker:
Speaker: Nathan Yii, Principal Lawyer, Chartered Tax Advisor and SMSF Specialist Advisor - Nathan Yii Lawyers, Melbourne
Nathan is a focused and strategic professional, who backs up his impressive credentials with a calm, logical and empathic approach.
Nathan is recognised by his peers and clients in the prestigious Doyle’s Guide as a leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyer and Litigation Lawyer. He is a regular presenter throughout Australia in his areas of expertise and an adjunct lecturer at the College of Law in the Masters of Laws programme.
However, delivering real results and value for clients is what really drives Nathan.
With years of experience and quiet confidence, Nathan capably guides clients through the complexities of private client matters including estate planning, structuring, taxation, superannuation and wealth disputes. He listens attentively, explains complex legal issues with logic and efficiency and expertly balances technical elements with the big picture perspective.