TEN The Education Network is based in Melbourne, and services the professional development needs of lawyers, accountants and business executives in relation to law, taxation, superannuation and accounting. Most of our products can be used to satisfy the continuing education and professional development requirements mandated by the relevant professional bodies.
To assist our clients in the legal, accounting, corporate and government worlds to participate effectively in the information economy by providing timely, relevant and practical professional development, education, information, communication and electronic business services.
Our vision . . .
Of an Australian business and professional community espousing world's best practice for the knowledge and information economies of the twenty-first century.
Our values . . .
Our values are centred on meeting our clients' needs.
- We aim to communicate new developments to our clients in a timely fashion, and as fast as technology will allow in the case of important ones.
- We acknowledge the variety of ways individuals learn and we offer our professional development and education products in the form of conferences – both live and online, live webinars, print, audio programs and recorded webinars.
- We aim to implement the latest proven technologies when appropriate to the service we are delivering.
- We aim to provide prompt, personalised, responsive and friendly client service, and we aim to recognise client loyalty with added benefits.
- We believe in listening to client comments and feedback, before, during and after service delivery.
- Two Day Conferences are our flagship professional development products are carefully researched to ensure the most relevant content, well structured topics and faculties of respected speakers. These events are mostly held on the Gold Coast or in Melbourne and all attract national audiences. They are highly regarded by attendees, with up to 50% of delegates being repeat attenders.
- Webinars are your pathway to CPD compliance and the latest method of bringing the best content and speakers into your boardroom for internal staff training sessions. They are the most cost and time efficient of our offerings, and you can purchase them individually either for live attendance or recorded versions for later viewing. We also offer recorded webinar subscriptions, which enable you to select an agreed number of recorded webinars p.a. (depending on the level of subscription) for staff training. We offer approximately 300 webinars a year.
- Lawyers' CPD Compliance products provide tailored solutions to legal practitioners needing to meet their CPD requirements by 31 March each year. These range from webinars on compulsory subjects, to two day day conferences in specialist areas including property law, family law and succession law, to the 10 Point Plan - a multi choice product which allows lawyers to select topics across the whole range of media used by us.
- Webinar Select Subscriptions provide a platform for both individual professional development and group in-house training. They comprise a selection of monthly recorded webinar programs available online together with an online database of supporting technical papers. It is available in two versions: Lawyers Webinar Select and Accountants Webinar Select.
- Sound Education allows busy professionals to undertake professional development while they are driving, at home, or from their computers at their desks. It comprises online audio programs which are also available on CD-Rom, together with an online database of supporting technical papers. There are a number of different services offered under the Sound Education banner: services for Victorian, NSW and Queensland lawyers, family lawyers and succession lawyers, and services for accountants covering taxation, GST and superannuation.
Our history and background
TEN The Education Network has a proud and long history of providing professional development and continuing education to accountants, lawyers and business and finance executives. The company's owners founded and operated Business Law Education Centre (BLEC), from 1975 to 1991. BLEC was a major provider of conferences and seminars in the seventies and eighties. The Education Channel (now Webinar Select) and Sound Education were established under BLEC's auspices in the mid eighties.
Following a restructure in 1991, the present company was formed, with the object of providing professional development services via audio and video. The company commenced provision of online services via the Web at the start of 1997, possibly the first to do so in Australia. It recommenced seminar and conference operations in 1997.
The company's owners have successfully launched and operated a range of professional development services in the US (The CPA Report), and in the UK (The Lawyers Channel, The Accountants Channel, The Surveyors Channel, The Engineers Channel and The Architect's Channel), under Television Education Network umbrella. These services continue today.
Shipping and Delivery Policy
Most of our products are available online for immediate access following purchase.
For products requiring physical delivery, we deliver products Australia wide using Australia Post. All prices quoted on our website include delivery costs.
Orders are dispatched within 3 business days and delivery times are estimated at between 6 to 10 business days depending on your location in Australia.
Customer Service Policy
TEN The Education Network is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavor to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently available and pricing is true and correct.
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn't do what it is supposed to do. There are special rules for refunds for cancellation of conference attendance.
When purchasing from TEN The Education Network website your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 2048-bit extended SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 2048-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is above and beyond the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre.