About the Webinar
We know that an SMSF can run a business provided it is for the sole purpose of providing retirement benefits to members. But when is it appropriate for your clients’ needs and how do you ensure the fund remains compliant? This session looks at the key issues, including:
- Requirements for an SMSF to run a business
- Ensuring the sole purpose test is not breached – eligibility for tax concessions
- Ensuring the business accords with investment strategy
- Meeting other regulatory imperatives:
- Commercial arm’s length investments
- Loans and financial assistance
- Assets from related parties and arm’s length dealings
- Tax consequences of running a business through your SMSF
- Assessing the individual circumstances of each fund
- Weighing up the pros and cons – what is the verdict
- Case studies
Philip BroderickPrincipal, Sladen
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants advising in superannuation matters – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Registered live webinar delegates will receive a CPD certificate for attendance at this webinar. Accountants can claim up to 1 CPD/Training hour. FASEA – category “Technical Competence” – 1 hour. This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour, however, webinar lengths can vary depending on the level of questions and discussion.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]