About the Webinar
There has always been widespread confusion amongst employers and accountants as to whether a person providing labour services is a contractor or employee. Uncertainty in this area has potentially serious ramifications as employers may be neglecting their employer obligations. This session seeks to help practitioners understand the distinctions between employers and contractors and the payroll tax implications. The following areas will be examined:
- Employees and contractors under the common law
- “Deemed employees”
- The “Master/Servant” relationship
- Employer obligations (e.g. Worker’s Compensation, Fair Work legislation, Jobkeeper, Super Guarantee) – do these imposts form part of the tax base for calculating tax payable?
- Inconsistencies and similarities between regulatory regimes
- The “Relevant Contract” and “Employment Agency” provisions
Kerry BebendorfDirector, Business
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants advising in taxation matters – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Accountants can claim 0.75 CPD/Training hours.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]