- Garth Brown was made a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers, National Level 2013.
- Awarded Conveyancer of the Year AICNSW 2015 - Runner-up 2010 and 2012.
- WINNER at the 6th Annual Legal Innovation Index Awards 2018 in recognition of his App Production 'ASK Conveyancer' - 'information source for use in the process of exchanging contracts for conveyancing'.
- Holds a Bachelor of Business degree in Accountancy and
- Conveyancing Law and Practice Accreditation from Macquarie University.
- Over 25 years’ experience specialising in Conveyancing
- Regular Webinar and CPD Presenter across the Legal Industry.
- Legal Industry Trainer/ Consultant & Legal Publication Author
- Expert Witness for Best Conveyancing Practice to legal Firms
- Business Consultant and Coach to the Legal Industry
- Conveyancing Mentor to several NSW Conveyancing Practices
- Author of several Popular industry Conveyancing Publications dealing with property risks, operating a successful legal business and educating Consumers about Conveyancing services.
About the Webinar
Around 300,000 cyber crimes are committed in Australia every year. Many of these incidents arise not from hacking but from the behaviour of people who fall prey to scams, phishing and other social engineering methods. Lawyers are no exception, with property lawyers particularly vulnerable. This session assists practitioners keep on top of their cyber-security risk by examining:
- The different methods currently employed for scams and the unique risks property lawyers face in practice
- Tips for how to identify scams and fraudulent communications
- Suggestions for systems, policies and steps property lawyers can take to minimise their risk
- Spotlight on cyber security awareness with deposit-taking and release
- Potential consequences that can arise following a breach and what practitioners should do if they suspect a breach
- Lessons from recent examples
Garth BrownPrincipal , Brown & Brown Conveyancers
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for lawyers practising in property law - Australia wide.
Lawyers can claim 1 CPD unit - Practice Management & Business Skills
WA lawyers – Please note that TEN is unable to verify your completion of recorded webinars to the Legal Practice Board of WA. TEN is an accredited provider.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]