About the Webinar
The time difference between will preparation and death can result in changes in circumstances that may impact on the bequests in the will. This session will provide guidance on will drafting to minimize risk in gifts failure, including:
- Clarity and specificity in beneficiary names and asset descriptions
- Gifts to charities: identifying entity and allowable purposes
- What are “personal effects” and what is excluded from this description?
- Crystal ball gazing and covering possible eventualities:
- Beneficiary death or bankruptcy
- Breakdown in family relationship
- Sale of specific gifted assets
- Purchase of assets
- The potential consequences of conditional gifts
- How to draft gifts for greater certainty – residuary clauses
- Will health-checks and reviews to minimise gift failures
- Case update and recent developments in the law.
Jen McMillanLegal Risk Manager, Lawcover
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for succession lawyers – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Lawyers can claim up to 1 CPD unit/point – substantive law . This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour, however, webinar lengths can vary depending on the level of questions and discussion.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]