About the Webinar
Advice on powers of attorney is an essential part of your wills and estate practice, particularly as clients tidy up their succession plans in the wake of the pandemic. However, the appointment of a power of attorney creates potential for many dilemmas, not least of which is conflicts of interest. Recognizing them, avoiding them or at the very least managing these risks is the subject of this session. It covers:
- The scope of agent’s authority and limitations
- Identifying conflict situations in powers of attorney
- How to sanction conflict transactions - what are the options
- Conflicts which arise before the power takes effect
- Inter vivos gifts and powers of attorney - where does it cross the line?
- Power of attorney and ademption issues
- Liability of attorney in conflict situations
- Charging clauses - ethics and conflict issues where solicitor is power of attorney
- Case update, including McFee v Reilly  NSWCA 322; Re Narumon Pty Ltd  QSC185
Ines KallweitKHQ Lawyers
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for lawyers throughout Australia who advise in estate planning matters. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]