About the Webinar
It is possible to develop property through your SMSF, but there are regulatory hurdles that need to be managed This session deals with how the fund can remain fully compliant, whilst engaged in property development. It includes:
- When can an SMSF engage in property development?
- Determining how the investment occurs is key
- Navigating tax pitfalls and ATO scrutiny
- Risks of SMSFs in related business undertakings
- Ensuring the SMSF does not derive more income than arm’s length arrangement
- Is running a business ok? - Ensuring rule compliance and trust deed allows it
- Borrowing arrangements for property development
- Using 13.22c trusts to borrow for short term development
- Unit trusts and companies - unrelated joint venturers
- Related party builders and service providers
- LRBAs - can this be used in property development?
Phil BroderickPrincipal, Sladen Legal Melbourne, Vic
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants and lawyers advising in superannuation – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]