About the Webinar
Margin schemes continue to be a key element of many property developments. However, the complexity of Division 75 continues to catch advisers and developers off guard. This session examines a range of margin scheme scenarios which can lead taxpayers astray, including:
- Apportionment in mixed developments (for example, a farm with main residence or cottage that is leased out)
- Amalgamated land – what happens when you acquire multiple blocks with different margin scheme consequences?
- Acquisition of land through a deceased estate
- The effect of non-monetary consideration (for example, an agreement with government to provide social housing as part of a large-scale development)
- Working through a look through scenario where actual facts are not known
- Refund when margin scheme misapplied:
- can you obtain refund without refunding to purchaser?
- what is the impact of having claimed input tax credits?
- Increasing adjustments under section 75-22 (McEwans Australia Pty Ltd v Brisbane City Council  QDC 347)
David Marks QCQueensland Bar
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants and lawyers advising on GST and lawyers practising in property law – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]