David Ford is a partner at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers. He practises mainly in commercial and education law. He has advised educational institutions throughout Australia for over 35 years. David is:
- A member of the Australia and New Zealand Education Law Association and a past
- President of its NSW Chapter.
- A member of the English, American and South African Education Law Associations.
- A member of the Australasian Association of Workplace Investigators.
- A member of the Editorial Board of the CCH School Principals Legal Guide.
- The editor of Education Law Notes, which keep schools throughout Australia up-to-date with education law developments.
- A reviewer for the International Journal of Law and Education.
- A former Chair of the Council of MLC School, Sydney
David has presented at conferences in the United Kingdom, South Africa, Belgium, the Czech Republic, New Zealand and throughout Australia, and published numerous papers on topics as varied as school governance, the principal/board relationship, enrolment procedures and conditions; student rights; teachers’ liability; investigations; risk management; teachers, school counsellors and confidentiality; bullying (including cyber bullying); outdoor education; sport; multiculturalism in education; disability, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination; discipline; and child protection.