About the Webinar
Pre-planning for incapacity and death of an SMSF trustee and member goes a long way to reduce disruption and disputes that may otherwise occur. This session looks into who fills the shoes of an SMSF trustee, whether pre planned or not, including:
- How can an SMSF member ensure their wishes are carried out in the event of incapacity or death?
- Impact on incapacity and death where trustee is:
- an individual
- a corporate trustee
- What decision making capacity does a power of attorney have for SMSFs?
- Who steps in as trustee when a member has:
- no will
- no power of attorney
- Strategies for:
- cutting off potential disputes and conflicts of interest
- making life easier for someone to step into a trustee’s shoes
Phil BroderickPrincipal, Sladen Legal Melbourne, Vic
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants advising in superannuation matters – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Accountants can claim up to 1 CPD/Training hour . This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour, however, webinar lengths can vary depending on the level of questions and discussion.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]