About the Webinar
A dynamic and cohesive board is vital for the good governance and reputation of any organization. So what can an organisation do when it becomes necessary for a board member to be removed? The process can be difficult. This session examines how to best navigate board member removal, including:
- Board member removal due to misconduct:
- When is quiet withdrawal appropriate?
- Gross misconduct and reporting / disclosure obligations to authorities and members
- Understanding the terms of the NFP’s governing document
- Board removal options and the relevance of the legal structure of the NFP
- When to consider expulsion from ordinary membership
- Complying with ‘natural justice’ principles
- Employment law obligations - when will removal constitute unfair dismissal?
- Other issues to consider upon removal:
- Removing access to assets and documents
- Powers of the ACNC and ASIC to disqualify individuals from acting as board members
- Alternatives to removal:
- Waiting for the term to expire
- Intervention from the chair to improve performance
Catherine BrooksAssociate – Director, Law
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for lawyers advising not for profits, and executives working for not for profits and charities – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]