About the Webinar
Assessing contributions in a relationship is tricky, particularly with the rise of modern relationships involving two working parties, no shared financials and no children. Gone are the days of the 70/30 split. This session offers an insight into the factors which are considered by the Court in this ever-shifting landscape. It covers:
- The rise of new family dynamics – challenging assumptions and expectations involving contributions
- Assessing interests – identifying and valuing the asset pool
- Assessing contributions:
- non- financial
- welfare and homemaking
- Special contributions – what is the current status?
- Relevance of timing of contributions and the erosion principle
- What is the position with inheritances?
- Windfall gains towards the end of the relationship – how will they be treated?
- Recent cases: Wallis v Manning (2017) FLC 93-759
Barry BergerBerger Kordos Lawyers
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for lawyers practising in family law – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]