About the Webinar
When considering CGT, tax advisers have a tendency to assume that all disposals give rise to CGT Event A1. In truth, many are not, and the rules and concessions which apply to A1 may apply differently. This presentation will run through some of the lesser known CGT events and explain the rules that apply to them:
- Disposal of a right – is there a gain?
- C2 events for surrender – when does the market value substitution rule apply?
- D1 – grant of rights
- E1, E2 and E5 practically explained
- E4 – non assessable amounts generally, NANE and impact of cash flow boost
- K4 – asset becoming trading stock
- K3 – estate planning and non resident beneficiaries
- Problem solving when more than one CGT event might apply to the same transaction
Anna BerrymanPartner, BDO
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for junior accountants advising in taxation matters – Australia wide.
Accountants can claim 0.75 CPD/Training hours. FASEA – category “Technical Competence” – 0.75
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]