About the Webinar
The exploitation of intellectual property can provide significant value to the owner. However, maintaining a desired level of control while giving a third party wide-ranging rights can be a complicated balancing act. This session will examine how IP owners can effectively and confidently extract value through watertight licensing agreements, including:
- When is licensing IP appropriate?
- Considerations for assignment an/or licensing – the benefits and disadvantages
- Defining the scope of the arrangement and setting parameters
- Strategies for determining:
- geographical constraints
- length of agreements and extension
- calculation of royalties or other fee arrangements
- Treatment of:
- later created IP
- derivative works
- Ability of the licensor to undertake audits and review accounts
- How are risks to be allocated?
- Dispute resolution mechanisms
- Termination and other exit strategies
- Case examples
Noric DilanchianNexus Law Group
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for commercial lawyers and intellectual property lawyers – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Lawyers can claim up to 1 CPD unit/point – substantive law . This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour.
WA lawyers – Please note that TEN is unable to verify your completion of recorded webinars to the Legal Practice Board of WA. TEN is an accredited provider.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]