About the Webinar
Will drafting requires a practitioner to consider both beneficiaries as well as their client. This requires carefully expressing the will maker’s intention of benefiting a beneficiary. This session looks at case studies of complex will clauses and their drafting, including:
- Achieving clarity on what is given and object of gift
- Drafting errors on identifying object:
- object as a class such as ‘children’
- gifts to charities – not properly identified
- failure to do title search – title over gift and joint tenancy dilemmas
- superannuation errors where the testator intends for the super death benefit to become an estate asset
- Having a ‘gift over’ clause – problems if gift fails
- Adjustment clauses - financial and other adjustments
- Testamentary trust drafting – appointing new trustees and bankrupt trustees
- Life interests and rights of residence – understanding the difference in drafting
Kate DonnanAssociate, de
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for junior succession lawyers – Australia wide
Lawyers can claim up to 1 CPD unit/point – substantive law .
WA lawyers – Please note that TEN is unable to verify your completion of recorded webinars to the Legal Practice Board of WA. TEN is an accredited provider.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]