About the Webinar
Extraordinary value can be extracted from intellectual property through effective licensing arrangements, but the devil lies in the detail and drafting of the agreement. This session provides practitioners with the important expertise and tools for drafting intellectual property licensing agreements through an examination of relevant cases, including:
- What doing the “due diligence” really involves in licensing arrangements
- Tips for understanding the needs of both parties and encapsulating them in an agreement
- Identifying and describing licensed intellectual property is not as easy as it seems
- Drafting strategies for limitations, restrictions and maintaining control of IP use
- Fee and royalty considerations and what can happen if insufficiently described
- Happy endings – drafting for effective licence termination terms and business transitions
- Tips and traps for exclusive licensee arrangements
- Cases including Fonterra Brands (Aust) Pty Ltd Anor v Bega Cheese Ltd  VSC 75; Chevron Global Energy Inc v Ampol Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd (2021) 159 IPR 430; QAD Inc v Shepparton Partners Collective Operations Pty Ltd (2021) 159 IPR 285; Lodestar Anstalt v Campari America LLC  FCAFC 92
Jarrod LichtblauSenior Associate, Spruson & Ferguson Melbourne, Vic
Sylvie TsoPrincipal, Spruson & Ferguson Sydney, NSW
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for commercial lawyers and intellectual property lawyers – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Lawyers can claim up to 1 CPD unit/point – substantive law. This webinar has been designed to run for 1 hour.
WA lawyers – Please note that TEN is unable to verify your completion of recorded webinars to the Legal Practice Board of WA. TEN is an accredited provider.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]