About the Webinar
Successful audit activity by the ATO in relation to trusts is often the result of a particular tax treatment not complying with the terms of the trust deed. This session examines the following areas:
- The importance of understanding how trusts work
- Trustee power and control specific to the deed
- Particular clauses with tax implications:
- Defining income
- Distribution powers including streaming of capital gains and franked distributions
- Varying the trust deed
- Whether Guardian consent is required
- Are there circumstances where oral trustee distributions are ok?
- Various cases which highlight the importance of ensuring compliance with the deed (incl. Owies Family Trust  VSC 716)
Tess JagerLawyer, McCullough
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is suitable for accountants advising in taxation matters – Australia wide. This webinar is for practitioners with some knowledge in this area and looking to improve their knowledge.
Accountants can claim 1.25 CPD/Training hours. FASEA – category “Technical Competence” – 1.25 hours.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Webinar Coordinator, Lisa Tran on (03) 8601 7709 or email: [email protected]