24 November 2024
About the webinar series
This series comprises the sessions presented at the NSW Wills and Estates Online Conference. Purchasers of this series will receive recordings of all sessions together with the technical materials supporting each session.
New South Wales succession lawyers face the challenging task of balancing client needs with delicate family dynamics, but also contend with the constant challenge of assessing testamentary capacity, alongside complex tax matters. On top of that, the unique notional estate rules specific to New South Wales create further layers of complexity.
TEN The Education Network’s New South Wales Wills & Estates Conference will address these challenges, along with other important issues which have been front and centre in the world of succession law over the past year. dominated the succession law landscape in the last twelve months, including keeping superannuation trustees on the straight and narrow, family provision cases and non-biological children, as well as showing executors the door.
This series will be available shortly after 24 November once the last part of the conference has been held.
Part 1: Thursday 16 November 2023
Creating the Will
- Knowledge and Approval and Testamentary Capacity: Getting the Foundations Right
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way: Informal Wills and Testamentary Intent
Part 2: Friday 17 November 2023
Litigation and Disputes
- Think of the Children: Guarding Against Family Provision Claims by Disgruntled Beneficiaries
- Three Claims and A Court: The Intersect Between Constructive Trusts, Promissory Estoppel and Family Provision Claims
- Once Upon a Time In NSW: The Use and Abuse of Notional Estate Orders
Part 3: Thursday 23 November 2023
Sharpening the Practitioner Skillset
- The Perks of Being Tax Savvy: Deceased Estates and Tax
- Incapacity, POA and Guardianship in NCAT: Mind the Gap
- Lost in Practice: When the Trust Deed is Lost or Needs Alteration
Part 4: Friday 24 November 2023
Misconduct and Abuse Risks
- Under the Influence: Detecting and Addressing Undue Influence in Succession Matters
- Executor Duties and Misconduct: Safeguarding Beneficiary Rights in Estate Administration
- Protecting the Vulnerable: Safeguarding Against Elder Abuse and Fraud by Powers of Attorney
If you purchase and pay by 15 October 2023 you will pay only $1573 – a saving of $275 off the full price fee of $1848.
If you need assistance or have an enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact our Event Coordinator, Hayley Williams-Cameron, on (03) 8601 7730 or email: [email protected]